What can be done to obtain the same exercise benefit with your fitness equipment other than applying the concept of preventive maintenance? We prefer to workout in fitness equipments either in a fitness centre of home gym, however, it is common to find less hygienic factors in exercise equipments if they are set for prolonged use without even wiping the sweat of many people. Hence, many people show their interest towards maintaining their own gym at home. The aspect of preventive maintenance has to be followed in order to keep the exercise equipment work in good condition for a long run. It might be either by wiping the machine at regular intervals or by allowing the service people to take of it at proper timings.
There are some people who do not mind to respond to the service calls and suffer at a later stage if their gym equipment is found to be lagging in performance. This will help the user to benefit in terms of effective workouts on all the days. Click here to educate yourself more about fitness gym equipments.
Benefits of preventive maintenance [How can we keep it in good working condition]
Some of the important benefits of preventive maintenance for your gym training equipment are
- By using anti-bacterial spray for cleaning the equipments will stay clean and new
- Wiping of sweats with a separate soft towel after every use will avoid dust and stain formation
- Attending to the service calls from the equipment manufacturer and allowing them to do their service process at regular intervals will improve the efficiency of the machine
- Attending the replacement requirements on time and making use of the replacements parts provided by the manufacturer is safe for the machine’s functioning
- Cardiac machines with more moving parts such as a treadmill or spin bike or cross bikes can be maintained by oiling them with special spray available in the market.
These benefits can ensure longer durability and effective performance and above all prevent damage of the fitness equipments.
Tips and suggestions for proper maintenance
Maintaining the fitness equipments varies for different exercise machines. Hence, the user need to be aware of the kind of maintenance tips given for the machine he buys as that will help him a lot to workout efficiently. For example every standard equipment has to be maintained in an exclusive way for example;
- Treadmills can be maintained in terms of proper checking of the operation buttons, wax nozzle, belt tension etc at least once in a month
- Exercise bikes can be maintained in terms of checking the handlebars, pedals, and other trouble sings or sounds
- A cross trainer can be maintained in terms of cleaning the exterior parts and inspecting the hardware as per the instruction given by the manufacturer and at regular intervals
- A rowing machine need to be maintained in terms of checking the belts, handles, and seat alignment and so on.
Many people might suggest you with a range of advices regarding preventive maintenance, but the smart way is to keep up with what the manufacturers have to say for you.