Recently, many individuals have become health conscious. As a result, they try various methods for maintaining good health such as consuming healthy food, going on a diet, eating home made food, start exercising, etc. Moreover, whether you exercise at home or at the local gym; there are some tips, procedures and manners for everyone, as explained below.-
- After using any particular machine, keep them back properly in place. This means that you have completed the relevant exercise; and hence you should now wipe all the equipments used. Ensure that the bike is not dripping and the bench is not wet, due to your sweat. Use the gym towel, if provided; else carry your own towel and/or paper napkins to dry yourself and for cleaning the health club machines.
- When you drink water during a break, pass on the water bottle to the other gym members. Further, when you are filling up your water bottle from the gym’s water cooler; also allow the other members to go ahead of you, if they are just waiting to take a few sips.
- Do not interrupt or distract your gym colleagues when they are busy with their set of exercises. Also refrain from conversing with anyone when you are attending a class in the local gym.
- Although you may be talking softly on your phone; it is advisable to switch off your cell while you are exercising. Also, avoid messaging from your device during a theory session in the gym. This should be done for safety purposes, because you may accidentally fall on a gym member, who is exercising nearby and using some equipment; while you are using your phone.
- If your health club permits using a mobile within their premises; ensure that you do not speak loudly. Many people put on the speaker of their phone, or talk louder than required; whenever there is some other noise. This should be avoided as it will disturb your colleagues at the local gym. You should remember that the gym is a place for exercising seriously and not a public park. Hence you should go outside the health club to use your mobile.
- You should never stare at the other people exercising at the local gym. This looks odd, especially if you observe a new comer; as they may feel uncomfortable and shy, when they are exercising during the initial days.
- Always utilize the various machines at the health club within the specified time. Generally the most popular equipments are used by all the gym members. Hence everyone will need them; so be considerate for your colleagues who are waiting to use them. Moreover, if you want to use a specific machine for an hour, it is better to take a break after 30 minutes. This helps to retain stamina and prevents muscle injuries due to excess use.
Read more in detail for Guide to Gym Etiquette.
It is beneficial for everyone to follow the above referred advice, rules and gym etiquette in the modern day gym.